In ancient China, marriage decisions were only made by parents, which was called "Chinese dating". Are the judgments of parents still wise and accurate in today's world? The most popular Chinese TV dating show, "New Chinese Dating Time"(《中国式相亲》第二季——《新相亲时代》）, may give you a new perspective on this question.
Produced by one of the top 3 Chinese TV stations, DragonTV, "Chinese Dating" is now looking for overseas participants to be on the stage with their parents! Been single for a while and want to change that? This is your chance!
Requirement for participants:
Single, marriage age, average or above average looking, can express him/herself properly.
Requirement for participant's parents:
Fluent in Mandarin, flamboyant and outgoing, expressive.
The show has female and male versions. Here's an example of the male version:
1. The host interviews families of the first 5 male participants.
2. Male participants leave to a separate room (out of female participant's sight).
3. Female participant is introduced. Male participant's parents make a decision.
4. Female participant questions the parents who have chosen her and asks about their sons.
5. Female participant's parents, the host and audience share their opinions.
6. Female participant makes decision.
“Chinese Dating" Episode 1.
Meng Fei (孟非), also known as "Grandpa Meng", is a Chinese prime time television host based in Nanjing. He works for Jiangsu Broadcasting Corporation (JSBC).His rise to national fame came with his hosting of the hit TV dating show Fei Cheng Wu Rao (a.k.a. If you are the one), after which he emerged as a household name.